Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst."
Age of Preparation & Readiness
- Preparation for First Holy Communion and Reconciliation traditionally occurs in second grade.
- For children older than second grade, the preparation is the same.
- Readiness for each sacrament is determined by the parent:
Preparation at the Peninsula Cluster is done as a home-study, with parent formation and a retreat component. Preparation for each sacrament follows the same basic format:
- Families register for sacramental preparation and pay applicable preparation fees.
- Children attend religious education sessions or Catholic school (ongoing).
- Parents attend an information session on the preparation process.
- Parents and children attend monthly workshops, as scheduled throughout the year, using at-home materials to reinforce workshop information.
- If readiness is discerned, the sacrament is celebrated.
Religious Education Requirement
- Sacramental preparation is done in addition to, and separate from religious education.
- All children preparing for sacraments must be enrolled in and participating in either parish religious education, or attending a Catholic school.
Registration & Preparation Dates
Beginning in August, families may register for preparation for the new year.
Please fill out the Sacramental Preparation Registration Form, submit a copy of your child's baptismal certificate, along with registration fees.